Get Qualified Scheme
The Get Qualified scheme is an initiative that supports the personal development of individuals for the achievement of qualifications and certifications required by industry.
The incentive is applicable to individuals following a course of studies which leads to a certification, diploma, degree or postgraduate degree course. Upon successful completion, the student will benefit from a tax credit enabling them to recover part of the costs incurred.
Once successful, students receive up to 70% of the total fees paid in the form of tax credits.
Please contact the Academy team to assist you with any other queries you may have.
Training Pays Scheme (TPS)
The Training Pays Scheme offers financial assistance for individuals who wish to follow a training programme. Financial assistance is awarded after the trainee has completed his/her training successfully.
The scheme is open to individuals who as at application date:
- Have completed compulsory schooling (15 or 16 years) up to 64 years of age
- Are not participating under the Youth Guarantee NEET Activation Scheme II or any other Jobsplus scheme
- Are legally residing in Malta and Gozo
- Primary employment is not self-employment
- Are not employed with the Training Service Provider with whom they will be following training.
Persons who are already employed as teachers or have related teaching occupations with an English Language School cannot apply for the CELTA and/or TEFL courses under the Training Pays Scheme.
Training and Refund
For this scheme, Jobsplus has created a catalogue so that individuals may access the list of training programmes that qualify under this scheme.
The following are the eligibility and the refund computation:
- Must not be offered by Jobsplus
- Must be provided by a local training service provider that is:
- Licenced by the MFHEA (although exceptions may apply in accordance to SL. 327.433 – Further & Higher Education (Licencing, Accreditation & Quality Assurance) Regulations) or
- Be equivalent boy (applicable only for non-accredited courses related to aviation, maritime and ICT)
- Must be:
- Accredited and pugged up to MQF Level 5 (full qualification or award are eligible) or Awards at MQF Levels 6 and 7
- Non-accredited but industry specific courses related to Aviation, Maritime and ICT sectors
Refund is based on 75% of the cost of training.
The following capping shall apply:
- For eligible training programmes that are pegged up to MQF Level 4 capping is €1,000
- For eligible training programmes pegged at MQF Levels 5,6 and 7 and non-accredited courses caping is €3,000
How to apply
In order to apply please visit Jobsplus website
Application forms are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Investing in skills
This scheme was launched to promote the training of persons actively participating in the Maltese Labour Market, with the aim to increase productivity and enhance adaptability.
Eligible applicants cover all employers having an economic activity irrespective of their legal form.
These include partnerships, companies, family businesses, associations, individual self-employed or other body of persons, NGOs and Social Partners.
NGOs and Social Partners not having an economic activity are also eligible to benefit from the scheme.
Form of Aid
Aid is granted in the form of a cash refund, the following are training costs and wage costs reimbursed:
|Training Type||Rate per Trainee per hour for Training Costs||Rate per Trainee per hour for Wage Costs||Capping|
|Non Accredited Training||€26.60||€5.25||Up to 25 hours|
|Accredited* Training||€26.60||€5.25||All contact hours|
Training Must Be Accredited By The Malta Further And Higher Education Authority (MFHEA), ITS(Institute Of Tourism Studies), UOM (University Of Malta) And MCAST (Malta College Of Arts, Science & Technology Where MQF/EQF Levels 1-5 Will Be Accepted Under Investing In Skills.
**Refundable If Training Occurs During Normal Working Hours Of The Trainees. In The Case Of Distance Learning Or E-Learning, Wage Costs Cannot Be Reimbursed.
|Entity size||Aid Intensity|
|Small and Micro Entities||70%|
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their application form to Jobsplus at least twenty one calendar days (21) days before the start date of training but not later than seven (7) calendar days before the start of training.
Application forms are downloaded from the following link.
Have questions for us?
Reach out to us and let us know how we can help you.